- Coping with Disaster: American Psychological Association
- Disaster and PTSD: American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: American Psychological Association
- National Center for PTSD
- Disasters & Trauma Recovery
- Managing and Treating Trauma
- Talking to Children About Tragedies and Other News Events: American Academy of Pediatrics
- Helping Children Cope with Frightening News: Child Mind Institute
- Helping Children Cope With Terrorism – Tips for Families and Educators: National Association of School Psychologists
Allen, Jon (2005). Coping with trauma: hope through understanding. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing. A book for adults discussing all aspects of trauma and healing.
Holmes, Margaret M. (2000). A terrible thing happened. Washington, DC: Magination Press, A picture book for young children on how to get through any sort of trauma.
Matsakis, Aphrodite (1996). I can’t get over it: a handbook for trauma survivors. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications. A self-help or companion to therapy book.
Perry, Bruce & Szalavitz, Maia (2006). The boy who was raised as a dog: and other stories from a child psychiatrist’s notebook: what traumatized children can teach us about loss, love and healing. NY: Basic Books. Touching accounts of traumatized children and their paths to healing.
Managing the Trauma and Tragedy of School Shootings