SUBSTANCE ABUSE/ADDICTIONS/ALCOHOLISM/DRUG ABUSE
- Addictions: American Psychological Association
- General Information on Kids/Teens: American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- General Information on Addictions & Treatment
- General Information on Substance, Drug, & Alcohol Abuse
- Information, Help Line, and Resources on Addictions (Adults & Families)
- Information and Resources on Addictions (Adults, Families & Teens)
- Resource Information: General
- Resource Information: Drugs
- Resource Information: Tobacco
- Resource Information: Alcohol
- Alcohol Support and Recovery
- Information for Parents
- Information for Parents: Pamphlet
- Information on Opiate Abuse and Treatment
- Drug Prevention, Abuse, Intervention, Treatment, & Recovery
- Substance Abuse Recovery
- Drug Database
Alcoholics Anonymous: Information and Support for Alcoholics 202-966-9115. Support group following 12-step program with emphasis in Higher Power.
Al-Anon: Information and Support for Loved Ones
Alateen: Information and Support for Teens
Secular Organization for Sobriety: 301-384-5043. Support group without a religious emphasis.
Narcotics Anonymous: Information for Narcotics Addictions 301-731-7221. Support group.
Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters (1996). Courage to Be Me: Living With Alcoholism
Hastings, Jill & Typpo, Marion (1994) An Elephant in the Living Room: The Children’s Book. Hazelton Publishing, MN.
Hornick-Beer, Edith (2001). For Teenagers Living With a Parent Who Abuses Alcohol/Drugs, iUniverse; Authors Guild Backinprint.com ed edition.