- Depression: American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Depression: American Psychological Association (Fact Sheet)
- Depression: American Psychological Association
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- University of Michigan Depression Center
- Seasonal Affective Disorder: Light Boxes
- Depression for Physicians
- Depression Support Alliance
- Depression: Animated Video
- TED Talk on Depression
- Managing Depression with Light
Clark, Lynn(2017). SOS Help For Emotions: Managing Anxiety, Anger, and Depression (2nd Edition), SOS and Parents Press, Bowling Green, K.Y.
Golant, Mitch & Golant, Susan (1998). What to do when someone you love is depressed. NY: Holt. Guide for families with depressed family member.
Greenberger, Dennis & Padesky, Christine A. (1995). Mind over mood. NY: the Guilford Press. Self-help workbook for people with depression.
Manning, Martha A. (1994). Undercurrents. NY: HarperCollins. A book describing a woman’s journey through serious depression. Her various treatments including Electric Convulsive Therapy are described.
Miklowitz, David (2002). The bipolar survival guide: what you and your family need to know. NY: The Guilford Press. Very comprehensive, helpful book for clients and their families.
Schab, Lisa (2008). Beyond the Blues: A Workbook to Help Teens Overcome Depression (An Instant Help Book for Teens) A workbook for teens.
Styron, William (1990). Darkness visible. NY: Vintage Books. Short, excellent paperback about a descent into deep depression and recovery. Good for adults.
Toner, Jacqueline & Freeland, Claire (2016). Depression: A Teen’s Guide to Survive and Thrive: 1st Edition. A book to help teens cope with depression.